Wednesday, March 23, 2011

omG girlz. Theez shoes were 300 dolla$z

Today, I attended a meeting that nearly made my head hurt.  It was a large-scale presentation for the fastest growing cable network for females 18-34 and that's all I'm saying. 

It sparked the following instant message conversation between myself and a STRAIGHT male co-worker.

Me: Um, were you at that meeting?
Male Co-Worker:  yea.  It made me give up on women
   im gonna turn gay for a minute and see how that works out
Me: Nooooo
Male Co-Worker: K, thx bye
Me: That made me embarrassed to be a girl
    "omg, LOVE SHOES. LOVE BOYS. LOVE PURPLE!!!"
Male Co-Worker: GURL dump HIM.  UPGRADE.
Me: my brain melted when they said, "babies are hard...you're like what.  omg.  I have to buy diapers."


Those quotes up there, those are real.  They just happened.  I cannot make this stuff up if I tried (and maybe I could but surely not today).  My co-worker swears his writer's block continues into the late hours of the afternoon so God help him make until 5 p.m.

Like every level-headed young woman, I like to pretend I fall into a happy medium between femininity and being a "guy's girl."  I watch ESPN Baseball Tonight almost every night in the summer but wear four inch heels I can actually walk in.  I won't date a guy that can't grow a five 'o clock shadow.  Sometimes I drink and wear dresses and play air guitar to Bon Jovi and send stupid texts with lots of exclamation points!!  I've been sucked into America's Next Top Model marathons (hate Tyra) but need to go shopping at Sports Authority this weekend for a new glove.  Happy medium.

This post is me just me convincing myself that I am not the last hope for my gender and there are other females like me.  Please ladies, let's keep fighting the good fight.

"Kelly, what are you going to do with your life?"
"I'm going to get what I want."



0 comments: