Today is Opening Day, my favorite day of the year in a photo finish tie with Christmas. It encouraged no less than three Facebook updates before 10 a.m. For the next six, wonderful months and 2,430 regular season games hours in bars will be slightly more entertaining, Baseball Tonight will be on the DVR for Top 10 highlights and trips to St. Louis to see the Cardinals (and my family, I guess) will be necessary. Also, a meager $19.95 was spent on MLB.com Gameday Audio to make work
way better...and I type this as I listen to Opening Day ceremonies at Busch Stadium. How could I possibly miss "Jimmy Boy" Edmonds throw out the first pitch?
I'm just so giddy!
Mike Bauman, MLB columnist, probably says it better than me so I will
give credit where credit is due.
It means that this is a time of beginning, of renewal...It is all new. Everyone is unbeaten. Everyone has a dream. Nobody has had time to have the dream smashed to smithereens, or realized, for that matter.
Make it a great one everyone!
Beautiful site.
My brother and I at the 2009 All Star Game at Busch Stadium. One of the greatest days of my life and couldn't have spent it with anyone else.
0 comments:
Post a Comment