Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One Small Step for "Theresa + Media"

From time to time, I take a few minutes out of my day to google my full name, in quotes or any other variety. Sometimes it's me, other times it's a pack rat in Farmington Hills, Mich. or the tormented friend of (yikes!) a late Debbie Hawk.  As I have grown professionally, my material took on a life of its own via this blog, twitter, various networking pages.  (Go connect with me!)  Then, on page three of the results, I found my first ever "published" piece of work in a major news outlet, a press release for "Leonard Slatkin and Friends" eventSTLToday.com!  The #1 St. Louis website!  Exclamation!  Do I remember who I e-mailed to have this posted or know if anyone, at all, read it?  No, but I remember the excitement when I received link in a reply e-mail.  At the time I was an intern and many of the materials I created went to multiples supervisors for review and, ultimately, did not include my name.  This little diddy had all the pieces and, to this day, is an event that I take great pride in even if now it's just a sentence of my resume.

It was a baby step and I am still enjoying those little successes whenever they occur.


0 comments: