
While playing around with twitter I saw a post from my SLU alumni group: A house is following us here in Twitterland. This is strange. http://twitter.com/124Roxbury
Also intrigued, and a little bored, I followed the link. The twitter is actually run by a real estate group looking to sell the $165k 2BR/2.5 BA in suburban St. Louis. The four-year-old home recently dipped in price (thanks market!) and the twitter updates those interested on open houses, new offers and contact information. 124 Roxbury even has its own blogspot
I found this concept captivating as a move from traditional real estate marketing. Passive buyers are not actively seeking company websites or driving through neighborhoods looking for homes. So far there are over 1,700 followers so I look forward to seeing how this new marketing tools helps...if it helps.
My favorite tweet from today: Q:"How'd you hear about your house?" A:"a little birdy told me" Wouldn't that be a great story? Come and see the house... make an offer.

0 comments:
Post a Comment